Monday 14 November 2011

Volunteering in Ghana - Day 14

Day 14

Daddy, I'm a farmer! This morning we each planted a plantain plant. Mine is going to grow into the biggest plantain plant in all the land. Kinza bought the farmland next to the orphanage that is being built to provide food for the orphanage once it is completed. At the moment it is about to have it's roof built.

Did the usual being a human trampoline/ climbing frame/ drool sponge for the day. Really understanding what it would be like to be a parent or at least what it would be like to be Steve Martin in "Cheaper by the Dozen" with out the slapstick comedy...well maybe some I guess. I don't think an hour goes by without a tantrem, or crying fit or one of the kids saying "give me toffee" or "give me one" or "Carry me". I always reply telling them to carry me, only because they never say the magic word. Maybe the kids work on a rota too, where they all have time slots to be the angel and the villain. They always seem to balance it out just right so it doesn't drive us completely up the wall and then they are all well behaved just before dinner and after dinner in case there are any leftovers. But they have started to learn when Brother Johnny is around there are no left overs.



No comments:

Post a Comment