Monday 14 November 2011

Volunteering in Ghana - Day 13

Day 13

Today Saviour arrived to join the group with Sister Vilda - she loves to clean.  Again today was one of the routine days that felt very similar to the day before or maybe we still are in that day now, it's hard to tell.

My ability to say inappropriate things or saying that sounds dirty is reaching new levels. It's usually because my mouth just says things before my brain can catch up. I'm starting to sound like the Todd from scrubs with his "in your endos" I should write a book or should hire one of those note takers they have in court to document what is said, as I can't remember most of them. Hopefully some of the lovely volunteers can remember some. A funny one that I can remember, mainly because it keeps getting brought up - is on my Birthday when I was asked if I wanted to bath the orphans I replied with " It's my birthday, the orphans should be bathing me." Which taken in the wrong context could see me put on the register and banned from playgrounds, which is a shame as I like those roundabouts.

My favourite person who says inappropiate things accidentally has to be Beccy who once started a sentance with "When I was inside my mum..." when  talking about her mum being pregnant. And she also started another with " I tell you what an inch makes all the difference" when talking about her new shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment